Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Quiet Evening

Well, my friends, it is to be a quiet evening for me here at Clearance Rack Glam. The BF is (hopefully) putting the finishing touches on replacing his turbos on his Nissan 300z Fairlady. Thank goodness. I love that car, but I love him more. So hurry on up BF!

In the meantime, I sit at home and ponder what outfit I'll wear to my coworker's baby shower in March. This is the main topic of debate for the Sisters Mac (this is how I refer to me and my sister in the plural. Much more fun isn't it?) recently. The Mama has helped me as well. At first I thought, "Ooo! Professional!" And considered the Lauren Conrad blazer over the coral/black dress from Heritage 1981 with the Target heels (pictured left) I wore to my cousin's wedding nearly two years ago...and haven't worn since. Then The Mama, in her wisdom, said, "Liz, this is a baby shower, not a job interview. Think Spring, fun, color!" Then came my next three options.






First, this lovely turquoise jersey dress from Target ($18). Very comfy, very Spring, obviously has the color.

Next, the AH-dorable coral jersey dress I bought last week at Papaya ($18.99). Again, has the elements The Mama spoke of. It's also comfortable.

Last option, a blue/teal/white print halter dress purchased at H&M for the Bridesmaids' Luncheon for my cousin's wedding ($15 I believe). Slightly more risque than the above dress due to a thinner tie up top, although for the bridesmaids' luncheon I wore a white shrug over it and tasteful white slingbacks. I also wore it to a co-worker's wedding in September 2010. Continue the tradition of wearing it to coworker events? Or wear a new, fresh frock for the Season of Babies?

Amanda Seyfried! Is she not adorable?
I just cannot decide. This other great difficulty is that I don't have any shoes that will work any three of these dresses. I need to decide before my next payday, may I add the only one I have before the baby shower, so I can find appropriate shoes. For inspiration, I turn to my most favorite fashion magazine: Glamour!

And I turn to Pinterest (http://www.pinterest.com). I am literally obsessed with this website. I have found so many outfit ideas it's not even funny as well as decor inspiration for my bedroom which I hope to finally remodel this summer. It has everything imaginable, and has helped me come up with new hairstyles to try. Not too soon either, since my Savannah vacation is eight and a half weeks away! I know, it sounds like forever, and maybe it is. But for this straight-hair-or-ponytail girl it's daunting. Vacations are for looking your best, feeling great, and trying new things. This is my opportunity to wear all those dresses I bought, but swore I'd never wear; to try all those hairstyles I never thought I'd get the hang of; and to wear the make-up I never thought I'd give enough attention to. Vacations are for being GLAM! Like I said, I love the BF dearly, but while he's working on the car, I'm working on the Glam.

Moving on from fashion. let's talk about music. I'm loving this Cajun-inspired music by band BeauSoleil! I don't speak French, but the up-beat fiddle tones make me very relaxed and are comforting in a way. It's the kind of music you catch yourself swaying to while you sip your coffee, rub your dog's ears, and slip deeper and deeper into the Spanish moss in Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil. 


The whole Low Country culture is what draws me to facets of places like Savannah, Charleston, and New Orleans. I've been to Savannah more times than I can count on both my hands (add my feet in and we're getting somewhere). I've been to Charleston once, and now I simply MUST go to New Orleans at some point. Savannah has the Voo-Doo and it's absolutely mesmerizing. Of course, that's the point isn't it? Charleston had the Gullah culture which was it's own brand of intriguing. New Orleans has the Cajun culture which I have yet to experience. But I want to so badly!

Well folks, I'm done gushing. Thank you for taking part in this rather long-winded update tonight. Sweet dreams to all, and I hope French music and fiddles play in your head tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment